The increasing threat of international terrorism to the safety of our ports and waterborne commerce requires maritime shipping companies throughout the world to heighten their security awareness and make positive changes to protect their assets.
As a result of this increasing threat, the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS) has been promulgated by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and significant changes have been made to 33CFR (shipping) by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Master Maritime provides comprehensive consulting services to port administrations and shipping companies to help them operate in today’s continually changing regulatory climate. Our expertise will save your company valuable time and energy by assessing your security needs and helping you plan for the future.
Our services include:
- Development and implementation of vessel security plans in accordance with the ISPS
- Conducting required ship security assessments and required on-scene security surveys to identify ship specific aspects including those shared by sister ships or entire classes of ships
- Independent audits of vessel security plans, documentation including re-assessment after changes in security requirements
- Assessment and independent audit of company security training plans prior to submission of an application for the issuance of the International Ship Security Certificate (ISSC)
- Development and implementation of port facility security plans and assessments
Independent audits of port facility security plans and documentation to meet regulatory requirements